Behind the Curtain of Federal Rulemaking with Shauna Weatherly of FedSubK.com
Interview with 35-year federal acquisition professional Shauna Weatherly about federal rulemaking.
In this episode Jacob speaks with Shauna Weatherly from FedSubK.com.
Join us as we pull back the curtain on the federal rulemaking process and more!
Shauna recently retired from the federal government after serving more than 35 years in the federal acquisition / contracting space! During her career she served as chief of contracting, contracting officer representative, and as an advisor to the Civilian Agency Acquisition Council (CAAC).
She even has direct experience in the federal rulemaking process, and contributed to FAR case 2017-016, also known as the FAR CUI rule, which will contractually require the implementation of NIST SP 800-171 on federal contracts.
Here are some highlights from the episode:
- Shauna’s background
- Steps and roles involved in the federal rulemaking process
- What is a FAR case?
- What is OIRA’s role?
- The relationship between the FAR and DFARS
- How to provide effective public comments on regulations
- Impacts of FAR case 2017-16 – CUI rule
- Impacts of FAR case 2021-17 – Cyber Threat and Incident Reporting and Information Sharing regulation
- Impacts of FAR case 2021-019 – Standardizing Cybersecurity Requirements for Unclassified Information Systems
Follow Shauna on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shauna-weatherly/
FedSubK website: https://www.fedsubk.com/