After years of waiting the CMMC proposed rule has been published on the Federal Register! This proposed rule is a HUGE milestone and is the precursor to seeing CMMC requirements in contracts.
The comment period for the rule and notice ends on 2/26/2024.
Here are the links:
GRC Academy has submitted the following comments:
- CMMC level 1 POA&M guidance discrepancy (lqo-6y6c-nnka)
- Replace word triennial and triennially with simple language (lqo-8j8y-d80p)
- NIST 800-171 versioning issue between CMMC and DFARS 252.204-7012 (lqp-j31i-56dg)
You can easily download the CMMC guidance documents at the following OneDrive share:
DoD plans to phase in CMMC over 4 phases. We expect to see CMMC begin appearing in contracts earliest late 2024.
If you’d like to know more about the rulemaking process, check out these GRC Academy podcast episodes:
- CMMC Rulemaking with Jacob Horne – GRC Academy Podcast
- Behind the Curtain of Federal Rulemaking with Shauna Weatherly of FedSubK.com – GRC Academy Podcast
We are working hard to update our CMMC Overview course based on the new rule! We expect the course updates will be complete by the second week of January.
We have also updated our CMMC control explorer based on this rule!